PDA

View Full Version : THE HUNT BARN OWL

christopher galeski
04-09-2013, 05:00 AM
another barn owl,from the many I took the other week,cannon 500mm IS L F/4,TRIPOD,7D,ISO800,F8,1/2500S,CROPPED,SHARPENED,DENOISED bg.COMMENTS GOOD OR BAD.

Jonathan Ashton
04-09-2013, 06:00 AM
I like the shot very much Chris, it is reminiscent of many of mine and I am just a little concerned about just how sharp the image is. Whilst it looks eminently presentable I wonder if there should be a little more detail in the facial disc?? Is it just a matter of more sharpening or is it not perhaps perfectly in focus, I would appreciate your view on this point.:wave:
I think the pose is good and the wing colours excellent and you have a complimentary background.

Steve Kaluski
04-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi Christopher, I like it, but wonder if that Saturation is clogging the depth/detail, as I feel the subject needs more sharpening which is surprising based on the techs. Also there appears to be some banding in the BKD just above the subject running across the image. Might be tempted in also reducing the space between the BO and the top, less above? Like the warm tones, nice to see you found the sun too, can I have some now please? :S3:

TFS
Steve

gail bisson
04-09-2013, 06:11 AM
The picture is beautiful.
Love the colors and the way you have placed the owl in the frame.
I feel that something is not right with your PP on this one.
The BG above the owl looks weird-maybe some more NR there and sharpening the owl a bit more.
I feel like this is a diamond in the rough and with some polishing you will have a wonderful artistic and painterley image,
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
04-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Love the pose, light, and delicious BG. Good comp too. I too feel the image is a tad soft and the BG has some stuff going on in it...I'm wondering if it is a resizing issue...

arash_hazeghi
04-09-2013, 09:02 AM
nice BG, I agree IQ is lacking a bit here

Stu Bowie
04-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi Chris, good wing position, and separated nicely from the BG. Another vote for some additional sharpening, and maybe take a touch off the top.

Ivan Ellison
04-09-2013, 01:31 PM
I like it and have many similar pics. Re the iq, is it a big crop as I seem to suffer with similar issues with these birds, they always seem that little too far away to get really sharp faces. Maybe it is the feather design- soft and silent.

christopher galeski
04-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Thankyou everybody for looking,and your comments,the BG is a hawthorn bush and is prickly,but Steve I now can see some banding,agree on a tad more sharpening in the face.thanks again.