PDA

View Full Version : Brown hares

Jonathan Ashton
04-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS& 1.4TC Mk1 ISO 800 1/1600 sec f5.6
All comments welcome.

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2013, 04:39 AM
Hi John, ironic just watching these yesterday as a lot had been culled by the gamekeeper.

I like the low perspective, but would have like the two hares to be a bit more further round to the left, but I know how difficult it is. Nice light, good to see you out reasonably early before the sun get too harsh, LOL, nice to see the sun. Did you manage to get any boxing? Just a thought, have you tried a 16 x 9 crop working from the bottom RH corner up to the LHS?

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
04-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Hi Jon - nice to see something different. Good low pov and you've captured the sense of movement. There are a few distractions I would tone down - the brighter, thicker blade of grass at the very bottom edge and just to the left of center, the circle just off the lower right edge and finally, the green and pink blob in the upper right.

TFS,
Rachel

Jonathan Ashton
04-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone, here is another version baring in mind your comments. I do have shots where they are boxing..... all in good time, saving the best for last!!:w3

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Hi John, I think this helps, but having the Hares more central looses the edge the OP had IMHO, however being tighter at the foot gives a better feel. I personal still feel the darker shadow areas in the BKG still could be addressed helping to keep focus on the subjects, WDYT?

Just my take. :w3

Anette Mossbacher
04-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Hi Jonathan,

love the low angle and this image. Looking forward to the boxing image. :S3:
The pano crop looks better to me.

Have a great week

Ciao
Anette

Jonathan Ashton
04-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Steve, now I see the difference - yes I like your version, thanks for taking the time much appreciated.

Steve Kaluski
04-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Hi John you are most welcome, hope it's helped in some way.

Quite often it's easier just to RP which then bolsters the comments/feedback in the reply, as the two can remove any doubt. Will lookout for the boxing hares at some point. :5

Morkel Erasmus
04-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Nice low angle here! I quite like your RP with the hares central...but I'm often weird that way :w3
Nice rich tones and good to see some UK sunlit scenes :bg3: