PDA

View Full Version : Black-necked Stilt Breaking the Water Line

andresleon
04-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi all, I'm back for more punishment :)

Took this one at Wakodahatchee Wetlands. Liked the way the water dips as the Black-necked Stilt dives in for its meal.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xnq49umfi6ggfsp/_Y8C7552-Edit.jpg?token_hash=AAF-7QPw5Hu_fLUrRsujX2wWIlVqmgflpk6K1Atw-TeHTw&dl=1

Canon 5D Mark III - f/7.1 - 1/2500sec - ISO 1250 - 800mm L - No flash

jack williamson
04-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Wow! That was the perfect time to push the shutter!

PhilCook
04-07-2013, 04:50 AM
hahaha.....he looks like he's about to be swallowed up, either that or he's just discovered a water " Worm Hole " to another dimension { I watch too much sci-fi lol }

really quite unique and excellent timing

Marina Scarr
04-08-2013, 09:44 AM
You actually did a great job on capturing the "parting of the waters." I have seen this behavior so many times. Due to your higher angle, you were able to capture it well. Your image needs some CW rotation and some pop in color as well as a slight crop. The light wasn't in your favor, but I think this is a slight improvement. Let me know what you think?

andresleon
04-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Thank you very much, Marina!. You're right. It was relatively poor light, but you made the colors and contrast much better. I guess that since I was not able to capture the entire water wave ring then a tighter crop is possible. I also see now the issue with the rotation. Wow... so very much I still don't automatically notice, but little by little I learn :) Thanks for your feedback!!!