gail bisson
04-05-2013, 04:31 PM
1DMKIV
F 600 II and 1.4X
ISO 1600
f 8.0
SS 1/200
Full frame from horizontal
This bird has been my nemesis for a year now. He camouflages incredibly well and never stops moving. I have spent many hours trying to get a shot and finally got an OK shot this week. Not an award winner but good enough to make me feel less frustrated and continue trying for a better shot. Hand held, resting on the windowsill.
Comments and critiques always learned from and appreciated with thanks,
Gail

gail bisson
04-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Just to give you an idea of how well camouflaged these guys are. Hope this is OK with the mods . feel free to delete if not allowed.

Sidharth Kodikal
04-05-2013, 05:15 PM
That's an amazing looking bird, Gail and I love your image. Perfect exposure and details and the lichen covered perch.
I like the comp, but could see a bit more added to the top.

arash_hazeghi
04-05-2013, 06:16 PM
must be a pretty cool view from your window...are you shooting from your bed :bg3: ?

Don Nelson
04-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Gail
Who needs to travel when you have all these great species just outside the bedroom ;-)
Excellent - love the comp and especially the repost.
Look for the a nest behind a bit of bark loose on the trunks of your trees. There is one somewhere locally.....they are quite secretive about the location.

Marina Scarr
04-05-2013, 09:20 PM
This is a super image, Gail. Their camo is amazing and you showcased it well. My favorite part of this image is the curved tail.

PhilCook
04-05-2013, 09:53 PM
A hard subject to get right are my findings, usually in deep shade and hugging the opposite side of the tree.

Nicely done Gail, liking the first one with the mossy bark, possibly a little more space on the top to improve, but lots of nice fine detail coming through including their distinctive claws

Satish Ranadive
04-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Excellent image of creeper,well isolated from camouflage tree trunk due to nice plain BG behind the bird.
Wonderful lights,great details and very nice composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Frank Schauf
04-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Excellent details, love the perch, great pose, very nice background, and nice light.

christopher galeski
04-06-2013, 04:46 AM
nice image Gail,we have these in our local woods,and they never seem to keep still,well done.

Joe Senzatimore
04-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Wonderful image Gail. I know all too well how tough this species is. We don't see them too often here , and when we do a shot as nice as this is rare. Love this one. Might just take a bit off the left as I find the oof moss a bit distracting. Just a minor critique, and my taste.

Diane Miller
04-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Lovely and well-earned catch. I love the second one for showing the camouflage, and it has great IQ and composition as well -- it's a winner, too!

Jim Crosswell
04-06-2013, 09:08 AM
I like the open beak, moss, bark and IQ. I chased these guys around in the fall but no keepers. Well done Gail!

Mike Tracy
04-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Possibly a little more detail on the throat feathers. I echo Jims favorable comments above.

David Salem
04-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Very cool species. Never seen one before. Your usual great techs make for a very pleasing shot. i like the moss on the tree and like that you included the second shot showing the camo against the tree. Nice work

Steve Wasson
04-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Mighty tough to even get a keeper of a Brown Creeper as they never seem to sit still! This is an excellent image! I find the composition is pleasing and the techs look great.

Stu Bowie
04-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi Gail, good DOF on the bird, and I like the 'curved' pose, and hint of the open bill. The green lichen adds interest to the image, and feel your comp is fine as presented.

No problem posting the 2nd image to show off their camouflage - which indeed shows how well it works.

dankearl
04-06-2013, 03:10 PM
This is very nice, tough to get a good angle with these guys.
I also think just a bit off the left would look nice.

Karl Egressy
04-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Great image of this hard to shoot bird, Gail.

rajojomanik
04-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Very nice Gail and yes it's a very tough subject to find let alone photograph cause it's constantly moving.

Wish my backyard view is as good as yours.