PDA

View Full Version : Northern Parula

Tim Vidrine
05-01-2008, 05:59 AM
I able to captured this image of a Northern Parula in the Atchafalaya NWR. I was able to get this one low enough to get a few images with an iPod. They sure are nervous little birds! Changed my workflow some based on critiques I've received as well as others. Great forum.
Noise reduction, color cast removal, levels, curves, selective colors, saturation masks to aid in my oversaturation tendencies (is it still too much?)

4/26/2008 11:00 am
Cloudy

Canon 40D
Canon 500mm + 1.4TC
1/250s f/5.6 iso800
AV mode + 2/3
Eval Metering
Fill Flash @ -2

Thanks,

Robert Amoruso
05-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Tim,

I like the birds placement in the frame and the perch branch diagonally entering and exiting the frame. The leaves -due to the shape - provide for a nice near BG and the OOF green the distance BG.

Though focus looks to be squarely on the bird, he looks a little unsharp to me. perhaps some selective sharpening is needed there. Thanks for posting.

Gus Cobos
05-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Hi Tim,
Nice image and capture, the bird is a little soft. I would have liked to have seen the branch not intersect the lower left side of your frame. You might add some canvas to the bottom and see how that looks...:cool:

Axel Hildebrandt
05-01-2008, 06:38 AM
I like the composition and setting and wish for a bit more eye contact and maybe another round of sharpening.

Alfred Forns
05-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Hi Tim I like how you placed the bird with a clear green bg Much better than over the oof leaves Agree with the sharpening comments Some could be from noise reduction? In any case a going over with USM will take care !!!

Very appealing the two yellow oof focus leaves add a nice touch !!!

Tim Vidrine
05-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks guys. I'll give the sharpening another round.