PDA

View Full Version : Harlequin

Nick Palmieri
04-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I captured this guy about 1 month ago while at the Barnegat Jetty in NJ. I realize the angle is a little high but it's tough to get any lower on the jetty. 1DMK4, 600mm, ISO 400, f/6.3, 1/2000.

Paul Keeble
04-04-2013, 05:11 AM
It is a shame about the elevation isn't it.
Great colours though and what a lovely bird, a tough one to expose I'll bet.
Is there any more detail to be had in the white areas? You're a better man than me if there is.

Grace Scalzo
04-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Great eye contact and I like that you can see his foot through the clear water. I wouldn't mind a bit more room on the right.

Marina Scarr
04-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Lovely duck with gorgeous colors. Love the water here. While I understand exposing for these birds can be a nightmare, I am not seeing any details in the whites. Your image also needs some CW rotation. The easiest way is to line up the white on the head with its reflection. I really think this image would benefit with a looser crop if you have the space.

Mike Delgado
04-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Nice colors but I would have liked to see a lower angle of the duck.

Joe Senzatimore
04-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Very tough exposure , handled very well. Angle is always tough there. Beautiful details captured.

Steve Maxson
04-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Hi Nick. This is a beautiful duck on lovely blue water! The little ripples in front of the bird really add to the image. I might suggest a little more room left and right if you have it. The whites have already been mentioned - you might try to pull some more detail out of those - if there is any to be had. :S3:

Jim Crosswell
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I like the HA, ripples, sharpness and water colour. A would go a little looser on the composition. Whites already mentioned. Nice image Nick.

Satish Ranadive
04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Nick:
Magnificent image. I like the colors,nice details in blacks,very nice water trailing around the duck in blues and composition.
Love the frame.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
04-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Beautiful duck, great colours that you rendered nicely. As someonel who loves very low angles I must say that I am OK with the higher vantage point in this case - I think the head being tilted upwards a wee bit is what helps it. I agree with a looser comp if you have it.

Stu Bowie
04-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Hi Nick, Im amazed at the colour and details this species has, and Im fine with the angle too. Overall, well exposed, and love the ripples in the bow wake.