PDA

View Full Version : HELP....HELP...HELP

David Smith
04-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Can anyone at BPN help me...??? I have been trying for almost two weeks to find out if my membership is still active.. I have received no renewal notices and I want to keep my membership active.. SO.. PLEASE...PLEASE somebody at BPN , let me know the status of my membership....

Thanks in advance..

David Smith

gail bisson
04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Just send James Shadle a PM. I am sure he can help you,
Gail

Marina Scarr
04-03-2013, 06:52 PM
It appears as though you are now a forum participant which means you have not paid the annual $20 dues. If you pay the dues you will become a BPN member and each year your membership will renew automatically unless you request otherwise. If this doesn't sound right, have you paid any dues in the last 12 months?

P-A. Fortin
04-03-2013, 08:42 PM
A few members, including myself, got their payment processed automatically but yet lost the BPN Member status on the forum. There was, and might still be, some problems with the automatic processing.

I did send a PM to James with payment information and eventually my status was fixed. If you did renew your membership, as suggested by Gail, you should do the same.

Jim Michael
04-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Seems to be a common problem. Mine was processed in December but never appears to have been credited. One issue may have to do with the fact that credit card companies frequently send new cards to customers to deal with fraud, and this tends to break the automated payment schemes.

Dan Busby
04-04-2013, 08:58 PM
David - this is a recurring problem. It has happened to me three times now. I happens at renewal time if you are set through PayPal for auto-renewal. There seems to be a problem with the vBulletin software linking from PayPal for some transactions. My problem landed in the hands of Chris Ober (his email is somewhere here on BPN) and he was able to manually re-set my subscription. But to ensure it didn't happen again he recommended that I unsubscribe from auto-renewal on PayPal and wait until renewal time to request payment. He also said that he thought they had found a solution to the problem (this was December 2012) but maybe that has not panned out. This is very frustrating for us subscribers but also for the BPN admin people. So, if you are set to auto-renew I would uncheck that. Then I would send an email to Chris Ober to see if he can re-set your subscription.

PhilCook
04-05-2013, 01:57 AM
All sounds a bit negative and daunting especially with my renewal coming up soon ?

Andrew Merwin
04-05-2013, 09:39 AM
I set up a reminder in my calendar to renew my membership & then renew manually. Much less hassle than trying to fix an annual renewal problem.