PDA

View Full Version : Black headed gull, common gull blast off...

robinlee
04-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Hello all,

This is my first post in birdphotographers forum. I am in the UK who recently enjoying taking photos in birding. The following photo of birds as per title was taken in RSPB Titchwell Marsh in Norfolk 2 hours before dusk. It was my first intended blur photo I wish to take (trying my best) that is inspired by Arthur Morris and Denise Ippolito. The picture is not cropped, slight adjustment in ACR to improve contrast and colour with default sharpening, open in CS6 and resize for web display. I welcome any comments and with that I wish to improve my skills.

Taken with Canon 5D3, EF 500mm F4 IS, 1/20 sec, F/32, ISO-100, spot metering, no flash, manual exposure.

Thank you.

Robin

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z352/robinleess/_38A8548.jpg

gail bisson
04-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi Robin,
Welcome to BPN.
A solid first post.
I am probably not the best person to critique a blur because I am not a big fan of them.
I do like it though. I might clone out the birds at the top of frame that are cut off and would rotate image ever so slightly CW,
I like the layering of gold and blue as well.
Gail

Marina Scarr
04-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Huge, warm welcome to BPN, Robin, and what a terrific and unique first pose. You are doing Artie & Denise proud. I agree on the rotation as mentioned by Gail above. I think the image might be stronger with a slight crop from the bottom. Colors are really lovely, and the white birds really stand out well against them.

Grace Scalzo
04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Opening this was a nice surprise! Love the many layers. Hope to see more of your images.

Daniel Cadieux
04-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Blurs are alot of fun to experiment with, and they can yield exciting results. I can feel this one, lots of movement and great colours. I agree cloning out some of the cut birds along the top, and I would also rid the one in lower left corner (I actually wish that whole lower line of birds was not there, but I can live with them there)

Blurs are more suited to the OOTB forum, but will let it slide as a first post ice-breaker:S3:

Oh, and a huge welcome to BPN Robin!!

jack williamson
04-04-2013, 08:54 PM
This is very good Robin! I would get rid of the birds in the top right corner and top left corner, crop from the bottom to get rid of the birds on the ground ( they look like white rectangles) Welcome to BPN.

robinlee
07-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Thanks all for the comments, I have not spend time to go back and redo the image but will try and do it later :)