PDA

View Full Version : Hillsboro Light Revisited

Harold Davis
05-01-2008, 04:31 AM
i was wondering if you guys thought this was strong enough to stand on its on with a blank sky. and does the size of the boat overpower the image versus the lighthouse?

converted with capture nx. used gradient tool to apply ND filter effect to sky and used paint brush to erase ND from lighthouse. slight crop for comp.

D300, 18-200VR at 150mm, f/10, 1/1000s, 0EV, ISO 400

comments, critiques and reposts are appreciated.

Robert Amoruso
05-01-2008, 05:55 AM
Harold,

Nicely composed. I am OK with the sky - the bird helps that. The boat contrasts and balances well with the light house. It looks like you need a CW rotation. I would have liked to see the rest of the building cut off on the right. Overall a pleasing image.

Roman Kurywczak
05-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi Harold,
IMO the boat does balance well aginst the lighthouse........agree with the CW rotation (use the ruler on the water horizon).........and I think Robert meant building cut on left.........I like where you have it.......as you have a nice design to the palms........birds a plus too. Now if I can only get you on dry land to try this with a few FG palms and the light on.....I think this one is the nicest of the 3 compositionally,
Roman

Harold Davis
05-01-2008, 09:46 AM
thanks guys. i leveled the horizon!! i dont know what happened. easy fix. i sprained my ankle on the beach and couldnt walk very far. will have to trek some more and see if i can get some foreground palms. i think it would be easier to get a bikini in the foreground though:p

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Beautiful composition Harold and I echo the comments from above. Really nice work and I sure do hope your ankle is better by now. See ya in the field.

Gus Cobos
05-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Great composition and image Harold,
Ilike it alot...your water line is a bit slanted...:D Out side of that, Its great...:cool: