PDA

View Full Version : Sociable Lapwing #1 (Tal Chappar-India)

Ishmeet Sahni
04-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Camera : 1D Mk III
Lens : EF 500 f/4 IS + 1.4 TC EXII
Aperture : f8
ISO : 400
Shutter 1/1250
Bias : +1
November 2012

I got this beauty just as I had entered the park, after a long trip from Pune to Jaipur and then from Jaipur to Tal Chapper. What a sight for sore eyes.......
It is said that there are only about 30 pairs left in India, and Tal Chappar had 3 of them. One poor thing had a broken a leg. I was transported to bird paradise..:w3

gail bisson
04-03-2013, 03:00 PM
A new species for me.
I like the fairly low POV and the raised leg.
IQ of the bird is very good.
Exposure spot on and soft light is very nice.
I find the grasses in the BG quite distracting.
If this was mine I would take a bit off the top and clone out the curved grass to the right of the bird and the grass coming out of the rump. I would also clone out the ? fly above the forehead,
Gail

Alan Murphy
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Love the pose and habitat. Agree on the grasses.

Robert Holguin
04-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Very nice shot.
Love the pose, excellent details, and great shooting angle.
Very good advice given by Gail.
Well done.

Marina Scarr
04-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Awesome IQ on the bird. Super pose and colors. Grasses are problematic. Agree on a crop which I think would help bring the attention to your subject rather than the grasses.

Daniel Cadieux
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Congrats on a rare find, and it looks very well exposed with sharp details. I agree with the advice you've already received.

Ishmeet Sahni
04-04-2013, 02:09 PM
A new species for me.
I like the fairly low POV and the raised leg.
IQ of the bird is very good.
Exposure spot on and soft light is very nice.
I find the grasses in the BG quite distracting.
If this was mine I would take a bit off the top and clone out the curved grass to the right of the bird and the grass coming out of the rump. I would also clone out the ? fly above the forehead,
Gail

Gail, Thank you for the advice. Have noted the issues, will re-post the image with corrections tomorrow.
I would also like to thank Alan, Robert, Marina and Daniel for their time and encouragement...... :bg3:

THANK YOU ALL......