PDA

View Full Version : Blue Poppy

Nick Palmieri
04-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Wendy's oil paint effect motivated me to post this. I shot this image last week at Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania. For this one I applied the oil paint effect and a couple of textures. I am debating if I should leave the entire flower with the effect or mask some of it out...or maybe tone down the effect a bit. Opinions appreciated.

Rachel Hollander
04-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi Nick - I like the textures you have chosen and how you applied them. The comp works really well too.

TFS,
Rachel

Cheryl Slechta
04-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Nick, I like the effect on the bud and background especially. I might mask out just a bit on the green petals enveloping the bud. The lighting is gorgeous.:S3:

Paul Lagasi
04-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Nick, I like the effects on the bud, works well as you've cropped it. I would probably cut back on the effect just a bit....TFS

Roman Kurywczak
04-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Swwweeeeeet! I might go a hair lighter on the poppy......but fantastic job.

Anita Bower
04-06-2013, 03:50 PM
I love it as it is. The paint effect is marvelous, and the uncluttered background makes the flower stand out. Did you cover the bg completely with the textures? As for brushing some of the texture off the flower---I know these flowers are delicate and light, and that in this photo the poppy looks dark, but, I like it that way. The curve of the stem with the bud starting to open is beautiful.