PDA

View Full Version : Short eared owl

Jonathan Ashton
04-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Tripod Canon 7D Canon 500mm F4 L IS ISO 400 1/3200sec f5
All C&C welcome

dankearl
04-02-2013, 06:35 PM
The bird needs to be on the right side of the frame and larger in the frame for me.
IQ is nice but the habitat is not interesting enough to have the bird small in the frame.

Lorant Voros
04-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Hi Jon. I like the owl and it's pose. Composition wise it is very strange though to have it in the left upper corner. If you don't have room on the left I'd add canvas and move the BG from the right to the left side and recompose...it it works with your ethics of course. :-) Not too difficult job.

David Salem
04-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Great stare from the owl with both eyes lit and a cool wing position. I have to agree with the others on the comp. Looks like an easy BG to add some canvas to. Nice capture.

Jamie Douglas
04-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Hey Jonathan, nice image and while I see what others are saying about the comp, I can't help think the shadow helps to balance things and IMO I like it. Have you thought about making it tighter re cropping a touch off the top and bottom?

Jamie

Jonathan Ashton
04-03-2013, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the comments much appreciated, I have other poses where the bird is in the opposite corner with wings in the opposite configuration. Just a personal opinion, I don't like the bird too large in the frame, but I think perhaps just a slightly tighter crop may have been better.

Satish Ranadive
04-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Jonathan:
Beautiful image of owl.I like the pose,wing position,nice sharp yellow eyes and environment.Agree with you about tight crop.

Regards,
Satish.

Robert Holguin
04-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Great shot.
Excellent head angle and love the stare.
Nice light, great position, and nice details.
Agree with Dan.
Well done.