PDA

View Full Version : Dudley Farm Garden

Dennis Bishop
03-31-2013, 07:42 PM
Having seen Cheryl and Maureen's images of it, I knew I was going to have to stop at Florida's Dudley Farm Historic State Park. However, the few hours we allotted wasn't nearly enough time. The people were wonderful, and the photo opps were endless. I can't wait to get back there.

Nikon D3S, ISO 200, f/25, seven-exposure HDR at 1EV increments, zoom lens at 48mm

processing highlights

Topaz Simplify -- Watercolor II preset
Nik Color Efex -- Contrast Color Range
Flypaper Textures -- three layers from two textures (one texture as-received and flipped horizontally), all at Hard Light blend mode
Photo Filter adjustment layer -- Warming 85, masked
Redfield Fractalius -- three B&W layers at Multiply blend mode, one masked as a uniform gradient vignette
Alien Skin Snap Art -- Stylize Line Art, brown lines on white background, Color Burn blend mode

Cheryl Slechta
03-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Hi, Dennis, I love your interpretation of the garden. It's a neat place isn't it? I wish we could have met up while you were down in Florida - make sure you let me know the next time you're down - I'd love to go to Dudley with you. I really like the filter effects, especially the fractalius part. I could also see a crop from the bottom with the post ending on the edge of the frame for a not quite so vertical view. But love it just the way it is also:S3:

Dennis Bishop
03-31-2013, 09:54 PM
. . . I could also see a crop from the bottom with the post ending on the edge of the frame for a not quite so vertical view . . .

Thanks, Cheryl. After trying your suggestion, I can see the merit in changing the aspect ratio. Although I'm not crazy about losing any of the trees, I'd be inclined to chop some off the top instead of the bottom -- mostly because where that would put the transition from the brown to the green. What do you think?

Rachel Hollander
04-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Hi Dennis - really lovely effect and pp. I wish there was some separation between the ladle handle and the building. Nicely done.

TFS,
Rachel

Cheryl Slechta
04-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Hi, Dennis, it may just be a function of having to scroll down on my screen to see the whole image. I'd hate to see you lose the top of the nice tree on the right of center.

Thanks, Cheryl. After trying your suggestion, I can see the merit in changing the aspect ratio. Although I'm not crazy about losing any of the trees, I'd be inclined to chop some off the top instead of the bottom -- mostly because where that would put the transition from the brown to the green. What do you think?

Mark Fuge
04-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Nice image and application Dennis.

I need to take a ride over there one of these days also.

Paul Lagasi
04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Nice capture and effects, I'm with Rachel on the ladle. As always spot on PP

gary ellwein
04-02-2013, 12:21 AM
The image nicely depicts spring time in the country. As always excellent PP. I agree with Cheryl, about a bit off the bottom.

Dennis Bishop
04-02-2013, 08:14 AM
If the aspect ratio is the reason for taking some off the bottom, how about stretching it sideways, instead?

Cheryl Slechta
04-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Perfect, Dennis! A great solution. I think with the rows being vertical, the post vertical and the tall barn it just made it feel too long. This works much better to my eye:S3: