PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter

Roman Kurywczak
03-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Happy Easter to all of you who celebrate. Been away running tours and such.....so haven't been around in a while. Decided to stop by since I had free time and see what was going on in macro! This was a bit of a departure for me as i wasn't shooting macro!!! I was using my 17-40 for some architectural HDR's....decided to focus on some iris's. Thank God there was no wind! @40mm for 1/60 sec. at f/16 and ISO 800. I think I hand held this as a friend bent back a few petals as well! Saved at 63Q to fit.

Steve Maxson
03-31-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi Roman - and happy Easter to you too! Very cool colors and patterns and the deep blacks make for an interesting look. You have great DOF, good detail in the whites, and I like the slightly off-center comp. Excellent work - as usual! :S3:

Norm Dulak
03-31-2013, 02:32 PM
Nice, Roman. And an excellent Easter gift for everyone.

Jerry van Dijk
04-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Hi Roman, lovely composition in this iris. I like the off centered position of the flower center and the flowing lines on the petals and of the petal edges. Somehow the image looks a little flat, it lacks a sense of depth and it almost looks painted instead of photographed. I don't really mind, it sets the image apart and adds to the abstract feeling. I'm just wondering out loud how this came to be. Is it the use of this lens (no perspective compression at this focal length), something you did in postprocessing, or the subdued light. My bet would be on the latter.

Valerio Tarone
04-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Roman, Hi, and Happy Easter.simply you did a great work! like the geometrical texture.