PDA

View Full Version : Shapes of Lower Antelope

David Kennedy
04-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Canon 5D and 24-70mm f/2.8 L lens @ 28mm
Exposed 1.6 seconds @ f/16, ISO 160
Lower Antelope Canyon Navajo Tribal Park, Page, Ariz.

Although this would not be "correct," I'm wondering if it wouldn't be more pleasing to turn the sandstone in the lower RH corner to a similar, "desaturated" look of the sandstone in the center of the image. That's not the way the light played out, so I hesitate to do it because it might be wholly unnecessary in the eyes of others. That's why I'm turning to you, BPN :D

Roman Kurywczak
04-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi David,
I wouldn't desaturate. I like the play of shapes, light, and colors you have captured. Could you bring out a little more brightness in the area in between the 2 bottom shapes??????....... As it looks a little dark on my monitor.........but would probably even strenghten the shape of the RH side even more.
Really like what you've done here,
Roman

Michael Pancier
05-01-2008, 03:35 AM
amazing how the lighting changes this place. When I was there in Feb. it was really red and purple. I'd leave it as is. Different perspective.

Harold Davis
05-01-2008, 04:21 AM
i would leave it as is as far as comp. would consider brightening the area just below the lip from the brightest area.

Robert Amoruso
05-01-2008, 05:50 AM
I like it just as it is David. Nice play on the colors of light.

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Very artistic image David with gorgeous lighting and wonderful lines and curves. Would not change a thing. Love it !!!

John Cooper
05-03-2008, 02:14 AM
Love the design in this composition David and the subtle detail in the shaded areas. Just fine as is for me!!
Lower Antelope looks like a great place for a l'scape photographer to get lost for a few hours/days :)

David Kennedy
05-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Love the design in this composition David and the subtle detail in the shaded areas. Just fine as is for me!!
Lower Antelope looks like a great place for a l'scape photographer to get lost for a few hours/days :)

Without question, Lower Antelope can be a lot of fun. There's just one tight turn that freaked me out. . . . . . .