PDA

View Full Version : Ice Bridge

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
03-28-2013, 11:10 AM

A blend of 7 photos from 2008 - Yellowstone Falls ice bridge. Spiced up fairly dull scene with Topaz Adjust (appropriately the Winter preset from their Vibrant Collection).

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Dennis Bishop
03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Very nicely done. It must've been a thrill to actually be there and see that.

Paul Lagasi
03-28-2013, 01:40 PM
That's one bridge I'd never cross....nice composition and effects

Cheryl Slechta
03-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Glad to see you back, Michael. I love the diagonal lines from both sides converging into what looks like a very fragile bridge. Looks cold too!!:S3:

Nancy Bell
03-29-2013, 08:48 AM
I can only imagine where you were standing to take that! I agree with Cheryl about the great effect of the diagonal elements leading your eye to the bridge and steeply down the gorge.

Anita Bower
03-29-2013, 09:30 AM
As written above--everything points to the ice bridge. I like the many shades of white you achieved. You captured the vastness and complexity of this landscape.

Diane Miller
03-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Great detail in the snow -- I'm cold just looking at it! Well done!

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
03-29-2013, 11:40 PM
Dennis, Paul, Cheryl, Nancy, Anita, Diane,

Greetings. Thanks much for your comments. Yellowstone is pretty cold in the winter (it can be pretty cold in the summer, too), but the natural beauty is that much more amazing in the winter. Not many people there in the winter. We got to see Old Faithful erupt as the only viewers (course it was 7am and 2 degrees F. at the time ;-)... Pretty much had the whole geyser basin there to ourselves for a few hours (warmed all the way up to 6 degrees by the time we got back).

Cheryl, thanks for the welcome... I've had kinda a rough 6 months, but things are getting better.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Anita Bower
03-30-2013, 05:58 AM
Dennis, Paul, Cheryl, Nancy, Anita, Diane,

Greetings. Thanks much for your comments. Yellowstone is pretty cold in the winter (it can be pretty cold in the summer, too), but the natural beauty is that much more amazing in the winter. Not many people there in the winter. We got to see Old Faithful erupt as the only viewers (course it was 7am and 2 degrees F. at the time ;-)... Pretty much had the whole geyser basin there to ourselves for a few hours (warmed all the way up to 6 degrees by the time we got back).

Cheryl, thanks for the welcome... I've had kinda a rough 6 months, but things are getting better.

Cheers,

-Michael-
What a thrill to be the only ones viewing Old Faithful. Seems it was worth the cold. :-)

Judy Howle
03-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Very nice work Michael! I love the composition with so many elements from front to back.

Rachel Hollander
03-31-2013, 06:12 AM
Michael - nicely done and I agree the leading lines are wonderful. A winter YNP trip is high on my list of must do soons.

TFS,
Rachel

gary ellwein
04-01-2013, 11:26 PM
A spectacular image Michael. I have stood at this vantage point many times: but, have never seen it like this. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
04-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Anita, Judy, Rachel, Gary,

Thanks much for your comments. They are much appreciated. After reading them I compared them to a shot I got in the summer of 2011 and was surprised that the falls is actually more than half frozen and well that is one large pile of snow and ice!

Cheers,

-Michael-