PDA

View Full Version : Short-eared Owl in flight

Julien Brisson
03-27-2013, 10:39 AM
A photo taken approximately one week ago while the owl hunting before the sunset.

C & C are welcome

Thank you

Merci !

http://www.pbase.com/julienbrisson/image/149393973/original.jpg

Canon 7D, iso400, F4,5 , 300mm, 1/2500

vishaljadhav
03-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Wonderful image,
The approach angle of the bird into the frame is impressive, the eyes make it special.
I love the BG is beautiful and the lower part of the frame suggests the owl is flying at low to the ground, nice and thoughtful composition.
I may be tempted to bring out some more details on the back of the bird , but its superb as its presented.

Marina Scarr
03-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Quite a lovely flight pose, and your composition works very nicely. I like how you can see the top of the owl so well.

Dennis Zaebst
03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
A lovely image, Julien. Good composition and good techs in general. The pose is great too. The only wish I would have is for a slight head turn to the owl's right, so we could see both eyes in their entirety. Of course, owls will do what owls will do, or another way of saying it "biological organisms under carefully controlled conditions will do what they darn please". Overall, a great image!

Satish Ranadive
03-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Beautiful flight pose.I like the lights,colors,wing position and yellow eyes.I also like the placement of bird in the frame.

Regards,
Satish.