PDA

View Full Version : Bathing Killdeer

Dan Brown
04-30-2008, 07:27 PM
This shot was taken at Bodega Bay, CA. Nikon D200, 400mm f3.5 + TC14B, wide open, 1/2000 sec. ISO 400, some cropping. PP with CS3, sharpened with NIK Sharpener Pro.

Comments appreciated.

Dan Brown,
Sacramento

Alfred Forns
04-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Hi Dan Good behavior captured and he has a good head angle !!! Did not see your exp comp but its a little over cooked The whites around the neck don't have much detail The light was harsh and is one tough exp under the circumstances

Need a little CCW rotation and would have given more room for the concentric water circle !!! Would also clone out the dark spots up top !!!

Dan Brown
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the help. The exp. comp. was +.33. Yes, the light was harsh. I tried my best to PP the whites but, I think that they are gone! Dan

Daniel Cadieux
04-30-2008, 08:39 PM
The whites are hot, but they do not look blown...it looks like there might be some detail to pull out. As mentioned the harsh light did not help you out here resulting in a way too contrasty image.

Fabs Forns
04-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Perhaps multiplying the whole image and playing with the opacity wouls help. Otherwise, check my post on saving the whites on the Edu Resources Forum. Great action!

Dan Brown
04-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the tips! Fabs, I am not sure exactly what you ment by "multiplying" but I made a background copy and adjusted it's opacity to about 36%. What do ya'all think. Dan

Edit. I forgot that I also adjusted the brightness and contrast on the BG copy! first before adjusting the opacity!