PDA

View Full Version : Polar family

Steve Bein
04-30-2008, 05:59 PM
From a few years ago. the mother and two cubs were under the mobile motel on the snow, looking in as if the wheeled motel was actually canned food, but they did not have a can opener. The second cub is in focus, invisible behind the mother. This was shot from a snow mobile at an angle which cropped out the wheels and body of the "canned meat" vehicle.
500mm x1.4=700mm
1/800 sec, f/5.6
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: +1
ISO: 400

Van Hilliard
05-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Outstanding exposure and a great photograph. The detail in all of those whites is astounding. Fine job.

Alfred Forns
05-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Love it Steve !!!! "can meat vehicle" I'm sure that is what they are thinking !!! The amazing part is they look so cuddly and tame !!! Love the poses !!!!

peter delaney
05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I love the pose of the first Polar bear but I find the second one detracts from the image maybe if we could have seen more of the hidden polar bears head it might have worked. Realise you had restrictions with cropping but the image needs more space especially on RHS IMO. All other aspects has been handled very well.

Thanks for sharing......a wonderful experience with us.

Ed Cordes
05-01-2008, 09:18 PM
You did do a great job on the whites. While I like the whimsical nature of the double snout, I would prefer just one bear image. The double snout is just not intuitive enough for my feeble mind to take in and digest into a single image. AS Peter said if more of the second bear were visible it might worke better.

Roman Kurywczak
05-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi Steve,
I'm going with Peter on this one............everything else is right on,......... maybe it's the fact that the snouts line up that i find it distracting.......if only a little offset???