PDA

View Full Version : Squacco Heron

mohammad reza shahab
03-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi,Last summer,Was taken in Northern Iran Anzali Lagoon.

http://mshahab1photo.persiangig.com/image/IMG_1138-a.jpg

Camera
Canon EOS 7D

Focal Length
400mm

Aperture
f/6.3

Exposure
1/500s

ISO

Canon EOS 7D
Shutter Speed 1/500 s
F-Number f/6.3
ISO ISO 640
Exposure Bias Value 0.00 eV
Metering Mode Pattern
Flash Off, Did not fire
Focal Length 400 mm
Lens Model EF400mm f/5.6L USM
Date/Time Original 9/7/2012 7:19:10 AM

Thank you for your attention.

vishaljadhav
03-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Good light in here on the bird, making the bird stand out ( we have a similar looking heron called the pond heron in india)
The details are nice and the water color is good.
There are 2 things i may like to change if this was mine
1) crop some of the bottom the OOF vegetation
2) clone the dark spot at the right in middle edge
Nice image, keep them coming

PhilCook
03-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Lovely golden light in this one mohammad and it has not only illuminated the bird nicely but brought out a surprising array of color on the floating vegetation.

Possibly try to selectively tone down the brightness on the back of the bird to make the light a little more uniform and by doing so bring out a little more detail in that region and yes to cloning out that one dark spot in the right hand section of the floating weed.

Marina Scarr
03-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Love bird and pose and I really like the environment and its colors. The red channel is clipped in this image. I would desaturate the reds by about 10-15 points and do some burning on the bird's back which looks a little bright. I have reposted your image with a new crop and even though I don't like removing anything from my images too often, I did remove the dark spots b/c I felt as though they were detracting from your gorgeous subject.

mohammad reza shahab
03-25-2013, 10:08 AM
marina,Thanks for your nice comments.

Satish Ranadive
03-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Mohammad:
Magnificent image of heron in nice environment.Love the colors,details,lights,low angle and composition.
Re post by Marina looks superb.

Regards,
Satish.