PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of a purple moorhen

prasanna av
03-22-2013, 08:57 PM
One of the most colourful birds i have ever seen.
cropped for compo and sharpened.

Karl Egressy
03-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Nice details colours and background.

Marina Scarr
03-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Lovely bird with terrific colors. It would be most helpful if you would please post equipment and settings used with your images so that we may better evaluate them. Here it looks as though your focus was on the bird's chest and since the head appears to fall just behind the chest, I am seeing that the head area is not quite as sharp as the chest area. I would sharpen the area around the eye and head a little more. I am not sure how you cropped this or how much canvas you have to work with, but I think I might try a couple of different crops. If you have the canvas you may try a vertical or take some off of the right side and add a little more left and top for another try at a horizontal to help take the bird out of the center.

THanks for posting and looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Sidharth Kodikal
03-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Nice to see such a closeup of this species. On my last trip to India I had to crop 50% even with a 2x on a 500mm.
Excellent points by Marina.
Looking forward to more of your photos and also your critiques.

Daniel Cadieux
03-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Quite colourful indeed! Love those blues. The embedded exif shows that they were good, but with f/8 the head should have been as sharp as the chest...I agree with Marina that critical focus is not on the face. There is also a bit of processing artefacts leaking onto the subject at bottom left. I feel the head is turned away just a bit too much. Great colurs, beautiful BG.

Satish Ranadive
03-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Magnificent close up,Prasanna. I like colors,details and bird's stare.
Love the frame.

Regards,
Satish.