Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-22-2013, 02:32 PM
1/2000
f/4
ISO 125
Handheld from a boat

Jeannean Ryman
03-22-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm always a sucker from falling drops, so this speaks to me. Just wish it'd have turned it's head slightly toward you, and that white around the head was the same as the rest of the background. I think that would be an easy fix with some cloning. You did well with the whites and the composition works well. Man is that a LONG beak!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-25-2013, 02:45 PM
I too love the drops and I think you did well with this one. I agree with Jeannean about the bg white which I'm sure can be fixed with cloning. If you turn down the opacity it will blend better. You may have to do it more than once

Jeff Cashdollar
03-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Sanjeev, just curious,. why 125 ISO, the exposure techs often tell me what a photographer is thinking?

Two of the best technical/exposure books are "The Art of Bird Photography" or "Digital Basics",..do you have copies? These are great reading manuals that I reference monthly.

In this picture, the background is muted (well done) but the image has a few hot pixels and the HA is a bit away from the lens. On balance, nice one really like the water drops, feather detail and leveraging the rule of thirds places the subject in a pleasing position. Well done my friend keep em coming and thanks for posting!