PDA

View Full Version : Scarlet-elf-cup-Sarcoscypha-austriaca

Jonathan Ashton
03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Canon 50D Canon 180mm ISO 100, -0.3EV 1/13 sec f16
All C&C welcome

vishaljadhav
03-24-2013, 05:41 AM
when i look at this image what i see is a great eye for colour composition , looks wonderful with the colors presented.
Some time back i did read about focus staking for some macro images where the object was more stationary , i guess you can give it a try next time , the OOF foreground vegetation if in focus can take it completely over the top.

Steve Maxson
03-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi Jon. What colorful tiny fungi! I like the off-center comp and the even lighting. Vishal makes an interesting point - this would be a good candidate for focus stacking. My eye really wants the leading edge of the fungi to be sharp. At this magnification, even at f/16, it is not possible to get the entire fungi sharp - focus stacking would do the trick. As a minor point, you might consider cloning the OOF "stem" that exits the frame in the ULC.

Jerry van Dijk
03-24-2013, 03:30 PM
HI Jonathan, this is a very pleasing composition with lots of tiny details adding interest to the already interesting mushrooms. Nothing to add to the advice already given.

Dave Johnson
03-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi Jon, I like this a lot. Lots of detailed stems to keep the viewer interested yet my eye always comes back to the fungi. Really interesting. My only nit is the moss which is draped over the small fungi. I would have repositioned it before taking the shot. Other than that, I really like it!

Roman Kurywczak
03-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Hey Jon,
Looking at the image closely.....you may have missed the focus by just a hair. I too want the front in focus....but it looks like it just focused in the middle. I like that you looked for something new!