PDA

View Full Version : Spoonie in flight

Nick Palmieri
03-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Shot this last spring with Captain Shadle. 600mm, ISO 1250, SS 1/1000, f/6.3. I liked the dark mangroves on the BG.

Sidharth Kodikal
03-20-2013, 09:19 PM
The gorgeous light has this bird glowing! Nice pose, but could see a very slight head turn.
Not sure if you extended the canvas on the top, but there's a horizontal line running just above the wing tip that suggested that. Easy to fix.
Love the dark bg.

bhavya joshi
03-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Wings are on Fire..!!! excellent light here well captured.. BG is great against lighten bird.. love the all the things TFS...

gail bisson
03-21-2013, 04:58 AM
Hi Nick,
Great wing position and BG.
It is very unusual to see such a yellow glow to the wing and I must confess that I am not loving it. More of a personal taste thing.
I am wondering why you did not post this larger (1024 x 800).
Gail

Karl Egressy
03-21-2013, 06:24 AM
Nice wing position and background, Nick.

Dennis Zaebst
03-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Agree with what Gail said above. It's overall a great flight shot, very sharp and great composition and wing position. I'm wondering if the yellow glow might be desaturated, or perhaps tone down the highlights in the near wing and back of neck of the bird? Well done, Nick!

Stu Bowie
03-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Hi Nick, love the light in this, and you have captured a great flying pose with the raised wings. The spoonie pops so well from the darker BG, and I can see the horizontal line on top too. It looks the BG bled into one of the wingtips of the near wing.

Nick Palmieri
03-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Thanks guys. I need to check on adding canvas, this has been on my desktop for while as I was thinking of entering it in a club competition. I don't exactly remember what i did to it. My guess regarding yellowish glow on the wings is that I desaturated the red in the rear section of the bird and that may have changed the color slightly but I need to look again at the RAW file to see exactly what I did. Great feedback as usual!

Satish Ranadive
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Bird pops up very nicely on the dark BG. Nice colors,wing position and composition.
Would love to see in 1024 pix.

Regards,
Satish.