PDA

View Full Version : Source for stiff flexible flocking material?

Jim Michael
03-20-2013, 10:18 AM
I have a Nikkor 800mm lens that I use with an adapter on my 5DIII. The lens came with a cpu chip that allows the lens to communicate with Nikon cameras. Recently I noticed some flare which resulted from reflections off the cpu's flexible circuit board. As a temporary fix I used a piece of flat black cardboard to cover the circuit board. I would like to replace that cardboard with something a little blacker and flatter like flocking material. Ideally I could roll this into a tight tube and slip into the barrel of the lens and the tension would hold it in place. Any ideas what would make a good material for this purpose? I think I can gain some improvement in contrast with this change and I would rather not remove the circuit board in the event I decide to buy a Nikon.

Kerry Perkins
03-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Hi Jim, there might be something here you can use - http://www.edmundoptics.com/lab-production/general-tools/light-absorbing-black-out-material/1502

Jim Michael
03-20-2013, 11:12 AM
That might work, looks like the adhesive variety may be applied to something to hold it in place. Thanks for the suggestion Kerry.