PDA

View Full Version : Heather

Jonathan Ashton
03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Tripod Canon 7D Canon 180mm macro ISO 100 +1.0EV 1/50 sec f9 AV mode, histogram checked after initial exposure of +1/3 then 2/3

Image taken in the back garden, the background is the lawn. I snipped off a small piece and placed it in a clip that screws onto the head of a cheap lightweight tripod, I can then put the camera on a decent tripod and get the angle as I wished.

All comments welcome

Randy Stout
03-20-2013, 07:07 AM
Jon:

The lawn made a nice bg, like the slight variation in tone. Lots of nice repeating detail in the flowers, slight angle in frame nice. Since this was a set up, might have considered trimming the green petals where they exit the frame edge, so the stem was a bit cleaner at the frame edge. Nice light.

Cheers

Randy

Steve Maxson
03-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi Jon. Very nice job on your setup! This image has a lot going for it - even light, diagonal comp, good overall sharpness, and great background. I also like all the delicate pastels in the flowers. Very well done!

PhilCook
04-21-2013, 04:35 AM
Like this a lot Jonathon, sits in the vertical frame perfectly, very sharp fine detail and contrasting extra nicely against the soft green backdrop