PDA

View Full Version : Need printer advice...Anyone use a Canon Pro-10?

Mitch Carucci
03-19-2013, 12:00 PM
My printer is giving me more and more problems. Cost of repair is excessive. I am looking over my options, and the Canon pro-10 seems like a good compromise. Does anyone here use one?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Ian Cassell
03-19-2013, 01:31 PM
I can't help with the Pro-10, but I bought myself an Epson 3880 as an Xmas present to myself and would strongly recommend it. It worked great with supplied profiles out-of-the-box and I'm blown away by the Epson pigment inks. I know that there is a less expensive version (the 3000, I think?), but I figured the ink cost/print would be superior with this one which uses larger volume cartidges. I don't know how the Canon inks compare.

Mitch Carucci
03-20-2013, 06:40 AM
Thanks Ian,

I will consider the 3880 (I see there is a bit of a rebate till 3/31). My current printer is an epson 3800, and going to the 3880 would probably require the least amount of re-calibration and general fiddling about. But expense is a factor, and that is why the canon seemed like a good buy (I don't print larger than 13X19 anyway).

I have not completely given up on my old 3800, and am trying some suggestions that I have read about, but from the symtoms, it seems that the "valve" that switches between the two black has gone bad, and that would require an expensive repair that would probably not be worth it...

Thanks again for your reply.

Anthony Hope
03-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi,
Sorry, I haven't used the pro-10, but I do use Canon Pro-1 and its fantastic. So I think the pro-10 should also be very good.

Good luck

Cheers

Anthony