PDA

View Full Version : cuban green hummingbird

Valerio Tarone
04-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Shot in the Hemingway's island! Cayo Guillermo. It resulted impossible to shot this male very unquiet flying.
Scanning from Velvia 50. !/60 Nikkor 300f4x2.
C&C welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Love the irredesence you captured in this image Valerio. The image appears very dark on my monitor and fill flash would have helped considerably for this capture. Would really like to see more room to the left giving the hummingbird room to fly out. Ideally there should be twice as much room on the left as the right since the bird is facing to the left. I f you are not opposed to cloning I would remove the OOF yellow leaf as it draws the eye away from the hummingbird. These are difficult subjects and I will look forward to seeing your future posts. thanks for sharing Valerio.

Valerio Tarone
04-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Yes I understand. You write what I thought :fill flash usefull,, yes do it. As previous images, quite all, were shot years ago. I'm learning in forum about birds photo. As PS I only use Adobe Photoshop 2.0 as, on the other hand, all Europe nature photo award ask image non minimally manipulated . Thanks.

Roman Kurywczak
04-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi Valerio,
I still do many slide scans. Slide scans always show up dark when you first scan it. it is acceptable to make it look like your original transparency at least........so lightening won't hurt as that will be closer to the original.
Roman

Valerio Tarone
05-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi Valerio,
I still do many slide scans. Slide scans always show up dark when you first scan it. it is acceptable to make it look like your original transparency at least........so lightening won't hurt as that will be closer to the original.
Roman

Thank you Roman. I've done a simple 'automatic contrast'. all right?