PDA

View Full Version : Another comet Pan-Starrs

Michael Todd
03-17-2013, 08:56 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8519/8565322786_abc88a8967_b.jpg

Comet Pan-Starrs taken on 3/14/13 just after sunset.

Canon 7D, 200mm F2.8. 2 seconds exposure at ISO 800 and F2.8.

Richard Unsworth
03-22-2013, 02:46 AM
Michael - this is outstanding! I was unable to get a glimpse of this one time celestial visitor here in Portugal.
Perfect composition and very true colors; I like the way you resisted darkening the image, I guess you are presenting exactly what you saw?

Morkel Erasmus
03-22-2013, 05:25 AM
I like this one, Michael. Ideally I would have liked the comet to be a bit bigger in the frame, but you needed mega glass for that it seems.

Michael Todd
03-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks Richard and Morkel for the comments!

Richard: To the naked eye, no it is not what I saw. Unfortunately, in my area, the comet was not visable to the naked eye. but it is a nearly true picture of what I saw throught the camera lens. The only adjustment was the elmination of a power line that ran through the upper third of the picture. You can still see where it was due to my meager skills with PS. Another craft that I am learning to master slowly.

Morkel: I would have loved the have had the comet to be bigger in the frame also, but at 200mm that was the best I could get.

Richard Unsworth
03-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Thanks Richard and Morkel for the comments!

Richard: To the naked eye, no it is not what I saw. Unfortunately, in my area, the comet was not visable to the naked eye. but it is a nearly true picture of what I saw throught the camera lens. The only adjustment was the elmination of a power line that ran through the upper third of the picture. You can still see where it was due to my meager skills with PS. Another craft that I am learning to master slowly.

Morkel: I would have loved the have had the comet to be bigger in the frame also, but at 200mm that was the best I could get.

Yes, whatever still magnificent