PDA

View Full Version : My mom and me.

Satish Ranadive
03-17-2013, 06:43 AM
This image of mom and and her cute kid was created in the last month.This is my first image in the Wildlife Forum.I hope you will like it.

ISO: 3200, 1/320, F: 5.6.Evaluating metering. 550D, 400mm.

Thanks for viewing and appreciation. C & C are highly appreciated.
Kind Regards.

Steve Kaluski
03-18-2013, 06:30 AM
Hi Satish, a warm welcome to this part of the Forum. I really like the thinking behind this one, but I'm unsure about the processing sadly.

Firstly I would suggest you double check that all the correct boxes are checked for when you save for web, as currently the image has an untagged profile which in turn may mean your image is not portrayed correctedly for web, hence that it looks a bit saturated overall. Based on the posting, was the image backlit, or did you lighten it overall, what was the EV comp? There also appears to be some Chromatic aberrations in the hair which you should be able to fix in LR or PS, it's the colour fringing. Obviously you were fighting for SS, however more DOF I feel is required as Mum's face looks a little soft, but both look on the same plane, so it might just need a bit of fixing in PS? Happy with the crop, but I especially like the youngster with just the one eye peaking over and engaging with the viewer.

Although I'm doing this remotely on the laptop so it might not be as accurate as I might wish for, but... I would look to cleaning up the overall BKG, keeping it white and removing the green stem by the ear. Add some midtone into the overall image just to tone down some of the brighter highlights, or perhaps use a Luminosity mask? Fix the CA. :S3:

Hope to see more from you here on this part of the Forum, as some of your Avian stuff is very nice indeed. :cheers:

Not sure if this helps?

TFS
Steve

Satish Ranadive
03-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Steve Sir,
Thank you very much for your valuable time on the image and suggestions.I have captured this moment against light. I did not lighten the background.
Since kid was curiously watching my camera when I was taking the pictures of birds in good lights, fortunately I got fraction of a second to change ISO.
Sorry I forgot to mentioned EV comp,it was +0.7.Besides that I was so preoccupied with eyes of kid,totally forgot about the BG.
Thank once again.

Regards,
Satish.

Steve Kaluski
03-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi Satish, you are more than welcome, however this is just my thoughts & observations, I trust others will also chime in so a more balance feedback is achieved. With something like this I have found it best to expose for the subject and really not worry about the BKG.

I was so preoccupied with eyes of kid,totally forgot about the BG.
Easy mistake to make looking at the image.

If you are using PS and have any queries in relation to the set up for Saving for web, let me know, as quite often it's a simple thing that has been overlooked or left unchecked. :w3

All the best.
Steve

Cheryl Arena Molennor
03-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Such a great attempt Satish and I think Steve had some good advice and repost. My first impression was that the main focus seems to be on baby and mom seems a bit out of focus. I really love how the little one is peeking out a bit.

Rachel Hollander
03-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Hi Satish - Glad to see you posting over here in Wildlife. Love the baby peeking out and some good advice above. Did you use the recovery sliders a lot on the image? I agree with Steve that something seems amiss in the pp of mom, particularly on the head. I hope you'll post more wildlife images.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
03-19-2013, 05:06 AM
Welcome here, Satish!
Steve's made some good suggestions and I like his repost. The eyes of the baby are captivating! Do you have a bit more at the bottom so as not to have the hand "cut off"?

Corey Hayes
03-19-2013, 02:52 PM
awesome shot, I am not really a fan of the white background but the subjects give off a powerful emotion so it more then makes up for it.

Steve Kaluski
03-19-2013, 03:11 PM
I am not really a fan of the white background but the subjects give off a powerful emotion so it more then makes up for it.

Hi Cory, if you were to then take this shot, how would you tackle it? The reason I ask is that is good to get other thoughts and would gladly welcome new input, plus I am sure Satish would also welcome it. i'm just trying to expand the feedback. :S3:

Steve :wave: