PDA

View Full Version : Black-fronted Dotterel

PhilCook
03-17-2013, 04:55 AM
Always a mud feeder sadly because it means really getting down and dirty to get a low angle shot of these little Sparrow sized birds :w3....gotta be nutzzzzzzz :eek3: lol

From this afternoon from a man made swamp in the Adelaide Hills here, bright afternoon sunshine which was less than desirable, but beyond my control for this outing. Seen 4 of them feeding on the mud flats, very timid as usual, but laying down quietly seen one of them come a little closer after several minutes.

Canon 7D + 500 f4 + 1.4 x TC.....700mm, f6.3, 1/2000, ISO 500, hand held....cropped for composition, small muddy stick removed from mud, selective sharpen and noise reduction to backdrop

Arthur Morris
03-17-2013, 05:07 AM
A nicely designed image but the harsh light is brutal. You might try a small reverse S curve to reduce contrast. Sharp with a good head angle.

christopher galeski
03-17-2013, 05:44 AM
nice bird,like the shimmering water reflection on the birds belly,sharp,detail in whites and blacks dont look bad on my screen,even though the light is a bit strong.nice colorful bird.

vishaljadhav
03-17-2013, 06:07 AM
Lovely one with great details, the bright light shows a bit
i love the bird

David Salem
03-17-2013, 10:37 AM
I dont think the mid day light looks too bad here due to proper exposure. The colors of the bird are beautiful and the fleshy eye ring looks great. Nice detail also. Well done.

Stu Bowie
03-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi Phil, getting down and dirty has paid off nicely here to achieve this lovely low perspective. Well exposed in the harsh light, sharp, and the colours look spot on. I would remove the lower catchlight. :w3