PDA

View Full Version : Life is good...

Don Railton
03-16-2013, 04:59 AM
Hi All, had dinner (fish & chips out of the paper and glass of wine) sitting on the beach watching this unfold... life is good.

1D4 + zeiss distagon 18mm
1/4 sec @ F20
ISO 100
tripod.
Procesed in CS6, bit of luminosity masking, levels, curves, selective colour.

DON

Rachel Hollander
03-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Hi Don - looks like a beautiful scene. You have brought out the vibrance of the sunset really well and I think the lone paddle boarder adds. I would consider evicting the surfer to the left. I also might crop from the bottom just enough to remove the bright reflection of the sun which catches the eye. Great sky.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
03-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Lovely sky here - now I want english style fish and chips :5
Don, I agree with Rachel's suggestion to crop from the bottom, and I also feel the FG is a bit dark - not sure if you were going for it like that? I would have liked a bit more detail there - blending exposures would have been a good option. I also wish the area above the sun wasn't as blown out as it is. Using f20 I am surprised there's not a sunstar around the sun...?

Don Lacy
03-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Don, Life is good when ever you're sitting by the beach during a beautiful sunset:bg3:
I agree with both of the suggestions so far and would also clone out the paddle boarder and I think Morkel is right on with the foreground being to dark a ND grad filter or blending of two different exposures would have been ideal to cover the tonal range here.

Don Railton
03-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the help guys... Always amazes me how blind you become when you edit your own stuff...

DON

Andrew McLachlan
03-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Hi Don, repost works much better for me. Quite like the clouds, incoming wave and the sunset colors too. I see a sliver of white in the bottom left and a bit in the top right that you may want to evict. Lovely scene.