PDA

View Full Version : Gang Gang Style

PhilCook
03-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Gang Gang Cockatoo from the S.E. of Australia, taken just after sundown when a flock of them came down from the treetops to roost for the night.

Canon 7D + 500 f4 + 1.4 X TC.....f5.6, 1/250, ISO 2500, -0.3EV, flash fired, tripod mounted, deep shade and after sunset....small crop, selective sharpen and noise reduction

Dennis Zaebst
03-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Gorgeous image of a beautiful bird. I've never seen this one before, so it's especially interesting. I can't think of much to criticize here; great BG, sharp, beautiful light, pose, HA. Very well done Phil!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Phil, I like the 'style' of the bird and the hairdo! Nice BG, HA and comp.

Frank Schauf
03-16-2013, 03:04 AM
Very nice pose and bg colors.

Ritesh Nangare
03-16-2013, 05:46 AM
Awesome Bird ,Great Perched, great BG............

gail bisson
03-16-2013, 10:39 AM
I like the red crest!
The image looks really good at ISO 2500 but I would still do another round of NR on the BG.
I would also be tempted to clone out the entire diagonal branch if not against your ethics.
I played with your JPEG and I hope you do not mind. Is there a bit of red in belly feathers or is that a cast?
Really nice picture Phil,
gail

Satish Ranadive
03-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Phil:
Very sweet image of Cocktoo with nice inquisitive pose.
Love the pose,colors,details and BG. Very nice composition too.
Love the re post by gail.

Regards,
Satish.

PhilCook
03-16-2013, 05:46 PM
I like the red crest!
The image looks really good at ISO 2500 but I would still do another round of NR on the BG.
I would also be tempted to clone out the entire diagonal branch if not against your ethics.
I played with your JPEG and I hope you do not mind. Is there a bit of red in belly feathers or is that a cast?
Really nice picture Phil,
gail

Hi and thanks Gail, the bit red in the belly feathers is natural, sometimes they also show green tinges here and there. I contemplated removing the bottom branch as you did, but opted out as I felt it looked a bit too unnatural with the branch suddenly thinning at the junction point

Sidharth Kodikal
03-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Ha! Love the title, and it certainly suits this guy. Excellent quality for the high iso. Excellent bg as well.

Shawn Zierman
03-17-2013, 03:19 AM
I prefer the perch as is in the OP...more complex and visually interesting than without the drop
down branch. Really cool head plumage on this bird. Sharp where it's critical, but wish critical
focus covered the entire bird and perch...low light conditions noted though....you did very well
here.

vishaljadhav
03-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Lovely image here, i looked at it when it was posted on the ipad it looked good however here it does a lot more justice to the image in bigger version, i like it
the red crest looks wonderful, high ISO is superbly handled i love it

Greg Oakley
03-18-2013, 12:21 AM
Awesome Phil - not many shots as good as this of a Gang Gang going around - they tend to always be too high up,
Cheers, Greg