PDA

View Full Version : Greater White-fronted Goose

Ignacio Yufera
03-14-2013, 03:33 PM
This handsome goose made me the courtesy of posing on top of a ridge, allowing for a nice low POV without leaving the car; approaching them on foot proved almost impossible (they are hunted in the area)

Near Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, June.

Canon 1D MkIV, Canon 800, 1/250 @ f/8, ISO 400

Dennis Zaebst
03-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Very nice pose Ignacio, with a great look back. Great composition, color, and nice OOF BG. Love the touch of color with the wildflowers on the ground.

Melissa Groo
03-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Really beautiful detail and colors, Ignacio. Nice job getting the goose sharp from beak to tip of tail. I love the splotches of purple flowers, they add a lot.

jack williamson
03-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Wow, this is very good Ignacio. The flowers and grasses really help this and the complimentary BG is excellent.

Steve Maxson
03-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Love the soft light and creamy background! Very nice pose and sharpness, and the flowers add a nice touch. Maybe just a bit more room at the bottom?

vishaljadhav
03-15-2013, 06:41 AM
impressive, the goose is perfectly captured
lovely Background colour, the purple flowers add a lot of flavour to the image.
Nicely done

Daniel Cadieux
03-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Neat goose and I like the alert posture it gave you. The vegetation and flowers along the bottom are very nice. I realize you were in a car but I'm wondering if you would have been able to get a couple of inches higher to prevent the OOF FG stuff from covering that awesome layer of vegetation at lower left? As posted I would also lighten the current rflection in the eye to make it more alive, and perhaps add a bit of canvas above. All else looks great.

Corey Hayes
03-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Nice I agree with Daniel.

nice image though.