View Full Version : Nature's necklace

prasanna av
03-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Nikon D 300s, Nikkor 105mm micro,
R1C1 Flash system, Handheld
f 11, 1/250, ISO 100.

Steve Maxson
03-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the Macro forum! This is a very interesting image! Can you tell us what is going on here? It looks like eggs of some sort in the center. Are the bug nymphs feeding on them? Your image looks nicely exposed and composed. The sharpest focus seems to be on the tops of the eggs(?) with the nymphs a bit soft - you might try some additional selective sharpening just on the nymphs. I would also suggest removing the few flash-generated spectral highlights from the leaf and toning down the bright brown area in the lower right corner. This is such an intriguing image that I think it would be well worth the time to apply a few tweaks to make it even better! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work here in Macro!

Jonathan Ashton
03-17-2013, 06:39 AM
Whoa this is special! ..and welcome to the forum!
A macro shot that is telling a story, I really like the composition, almost ideal, in fact had the nymphs been perfectly circular it would look a little too clean and tidy. The shot is very pleasing, you have good but not ideal focus, there are some mymphs well focused whilst others are not. I obviously don't know under what circumstances this image was taken but had you used a tripod it would have slowed you down and given you chance to reflect upon the ideal focus plane etc I am looking forward to seeing more of your images.

Allen Sparks
03-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Very compelling image as the others have mentioned above. Focus is good but a narrower aperture would have have brought more of the bugs in focus. As Jonathan mentions a tripod would have helped achieve this. Still a very nice image. Wish it were mine!

Allen