PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Matanzas Morning

Robert vanMierop
03-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Matanzas Inlet, FL, it was 32 deg. on the way to work. The (relatively) warm ocean water caused the rising mist. Nikon D300, 70-200 VR1, 1.4 tc, f/11 @240 mm, 1/2000, iso 400, -2.3 ev. Skipped the Alligator Farm on this day...

Don Railton
03-16-2013, 05:54 AM
Hi Robert.

You have captured an interesting phenomina, but apart from that there is not much in this image to hold my attention for very long. I am sorry to have to tell you that. The sky is a bit washed out and the fog smudges any detail in the body of the image and hence there is not much to look at. To improve I would crop of the bottom a little more to remove the shoreline, that would help a bit (I think) but I think the image would still struggle IMHO...

regards

DON

Robert Amoruso
03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
I would have to agree with Don here Robert. A tighter crop (less OOF shore) would help.

I feel that one way to have amped this up could have been a longer shutter speed - smooth water and made steam more prominent. Then again it might not have worked. A morning of great clouds with a wider look to the sunrise could have work but I am guessing no clouds that morning? None down this way.

Don Lacy
03-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi Robert, I have to agree with the others there is no real focal point for the viewers eye to settle on and as such the image is seems chaotic, if you could have found something to anchor the image and lead the viewers eye into the ocean and thru the frame then you could have had a focal point and an interesting weather.