PDA

View Full Version : Blue tit

Jonathan Ashton
03-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Tripod head bolted to shelf, Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L IS ISO 400, 1/640 sec f8, taken from garden hidem sunflower hearts and peanuts as bait.
All C&C welcome.

gail bisson
03-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi Jonathan,
The bird is superb. IQ and feather detail and alert pose are topnotch.
Great BG as well.
I am not loving the perch-specifically the blob at the end. Because this is a set-up I know you can find a nicer perch! I would clone out the bit that is hanging down for sure.
I would also increase the brightness a little bit and take a bit off the RHS.
All these critiques might make it seem like I don't like the image but I do very much!
Gail

PhilCook
03-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Tripod head bolted to shelf ?.......please explain.

Beautiful profile shot Jonathon, such amazing fine detail and subtle color tones on this beauty..backdrop perfect but I'd clone out the hanging bit of gunk on the end of the stick. You are so fortunate to have this kind of bird around

Frank Schauf
03-14-2013, 01:47 AM
Excellent details, love the perch, great pose, very nice background.

vishaljadhav
03-14-2013, 03:04 AM
impressive image, the details are good and the bg is fantastic
Bird has a good head angle with lovely colors
lovely

MohsenVahedipour
03-14-2013, 03:32 AM
Great IQ, BG & perch. Very lovely pose. Thanks for sharing.

Shawn Zierman
03-14-2013, 04:36 AM
Top shelf IQ on the bird. Great pose, great head angle, perky...love it.
Background control/transitions are eye pleasing. The perch....not so much.
The perch definitely starts out with a lot of potential near the bottom of the
frame, and is nicely sized for the subject...but really would prefer the perch to
continue through the frame, and or not have the drooping bark bit up on top....
Regardless, the bird is very pretty...lucky you to have such a handsome backyard
visitor!

christopher galeski
03-14-2013, 05:13 AM
nice image Jonathan,great IQ,nice BG,good pose,not so keen on the perch.

Jonathan Ashton
03-14-2013, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone, I agree the perch was a little less than ideal, I told the birds to land about 6 inches lower down where all the mosses were but it would appear they ignored me.:bg3:

mohammad reza shahab
03-14-2013, 06:43 AM
very nice BG,pose and great perch.

Shawn Zierman
03-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Jonathon, I will sometimes put long grasses or a mitten or some type of obstruction towards the top of a given
perch, that will often lead to the bird landing closer to where I want them to...in this type of scenario anyway...
I will ask them to land certain places too, but that usually does not work :bg3:

Stu Bowie
03-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi Jon, seems like you are being blessed with lovely light, and it shows in this. I do like the pose, the bird is tack sharp, and the finer detail shows up nicely. Another killer BG too. Perch mentioned already. :w3

David Salem
03-14-2013, 11:39 PM
Beautiful shot Jonathan. Pose, exposure and details are beautiful. Perch isnt ideal but still a great shot.