PDA

View Full Version : Man !! Help Me

vishaljadhav
03-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Made this Image today morning at a Garbage dump, (man where all we go around to make image) , and we enjoy it when we get good light
I was out today to see if the last of these migrants were there or left for their home grounds, there were a few birds left nearly 8 that we say today.
These guys get mobbed by crows and that sometimes makes for some interesting moments , this was was made when one such incident took place, the bg is the mountain which is nearly a mile behind and these guys soar in the valley hence i am at a height higher than the bird :S3: for once
5D MIII + 400 f 2.8 L IS + 2X TC
F 7.1 , 1/2000, ISO 800, AV at +1/3

Critiques and comments are welcome, helps me learn

Sidharth Kodikal
03-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Whoa, this is fantastic Vishal. The action is superb and the eagle's head turn makes this image. Love the light and the bg too.
Excellent work!

Frank Schauf
03-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Great timing, great action.

David Salem
03-13-2013, 09:54 AM
Hi Vishal, to be honest, the eagle is so good with a great HA and wing position, and the crow has no head showing, that if it were mine I would remove the crow and concentrate the shot on the eagle. I love the over the shoulder look back with a nice catchlight. I like interaction shots but this one needs a head IMO. Techs look great too. Nice work.

Stu Bowie
03-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Hi Vishal, great interaction between the two, pity no eye from the crow, but the look back pose from the eagle makes up for it. I do like the flying pose of the eagle, and against a sweet BG. I think David has a point to try a version without the crow. :w3

Marina Scarr
03-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Great job on capturing these 2 sharp and in flight with a doubler on!!! Love that background. Dumps are very often a terrific place to go for bird photography!!!

vishaljadhav
03-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi Vishal, to be honest, the eagle is so good with a great HA and wing position, and the crow has no head showing, that if it were mine I would remove the crow and concentrate the shot on the eagle. I love the over the shoulder look back with a nice catchlight. I like interaction shots but this one needs a head IMO. Techs look great too. Nice work.
David,
I guess the only reason the eagle gave me a head turn was due to the crow hence posted with the crow. This is one more in the series where the Crow is behind the eagle but not close , let me know if this works

Stuart,
Let me know if this suits more

David Salem
03-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Way Better!! The eagle is in virtually the same position and the crow is not as close but has a great head and wing position. It even has a catchlight. Nice!

vikram potdar
03-13-2013, 11:34 AM
This is extraordinary image (second post). Both the birds are in sharp focus. Smooth BG and lovely light.

Loi Nguyen
03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Vishal, the second post is definitely a better of the to for me as now one can see the chase and the eye of the crow. Excellent light, sharpness, details, colors and a sweet BG.

Richard Unsworth
03-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Repost superbut both are exceptional. Crows always give raptors lots of hassle.
Top action, top shot

Karl Egressy
03-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Great action shot. I ove the banking pose of the raptor. The second shot is my favorite.

gail bisson
03-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Repost is awesome!
Love that BG and perfect head turn,
Gail

Corey Hayes
03-13-2013, 10:17 PM
I love the second one.

dankearl
03-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Why did you post the first one?
The second is great, good poses from both and nice IQ.

christopher galeski
03-14-2013, 12:30 AM
The second image is the one,sharp nice BG,nice head turn from the eagle,for me would like a bit more room on the left.well done.

vishaljadhav
03-14-2013, 02:37 AM
Why did you post the first one?
The second is great, good poses from both and nice IQ.

Dan
I guess we have those preferences for few of the shots, in the first shot the left wing of the eagle is more upright making it more interesting to me, secondly the crow is close to show that they like plucking the feathers, the claws of the crow are pointing towards the wing of the eagle, well its just that we all have our own views and thats what makes it more interesting otherwise we would have all imagined the subjects in same place and same angles making it **** monotonous to look at .

supreet.sahoo
03-14-2013, 08:55 AM
The repost has worked wonders and I loved it, this is a very good documentation of the 2 birds and you managed to get them both in sharp focus and eye contact. Brilliant work and thanks for sharing

PhilCook
03-15-2013, 02:02 AM
I have witnessed this kind of scene on a few occasions....but always at a very long distance sadly. Wo8uld of been pleased with the first image....but the second just blew it out of the water....so to speak...sensational in every aspect !

Satish Ranadive
03-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Wonderful flight pose.
Love the dorsal view with nice colors, great details and nice HA.

Regards,
Satish.