PDA

View Full Version : Long tailed shrike

prasanna av
03-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Nikon D 300s, Nikkor 500 mm f4 with 1.4 TC.
f8, 1/350 , ISO 200.

PhilCook
03-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Lovely detail coming through especially on the fluffy sides....I presume a juvenile bird ? Sharp head focus particularly the eye and beak. Backdrop is nice as well, but can just see some faint lines in nit, no big deal imo, but maybe easy to remove if inclined to do so

Sidharth Kodikal
03-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Nice soft light, gorgeous details, colors and eye contact. I wish for a more natural perch and that the tail was visible. I would go with a vertical here if possible.

Daniel Cadieux
03-13-2013, 08:58 AM
I like the disheveled plumage here. Nice details, colours. BG looks good, but I would definitely smooth out the faint lines that Phil pointed out. A better perch would have been cool. I could also see a version with basically the same comp but with more room top, bottom, and left...as is the lower toe is quite close to the edge.

Jack Breakfast
03-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Another vote to smooth out the background if you'd like to, I do think it would improve this (already very good) picture. The bird is charming, the background colors are pleasing, and I'm very fond of the perch. It's nice to see a perch with some character, and there are some lovely rusty reds in that metal...

Daniel Cadieux
03-13-2013, 09:30 AM
It's nice to see a perch with some character, and there are some lovely rusty reds in that metal...

Although I would prefer a natural perch I do agree that this post is rusted in a pleasing way :-)

Marina Scarr
03-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Absolutely lovely bird and you have really produced lovely colors and details. Background (BG) works for me as is. Like the perch b/c of the rust and seeing those cute little feet.

Melissa Groo
03-13-2013, 06:51 PM
I just lovE the juxtaposition of the fluffy feathers with the lethal bill. Beautiful colors and detail. I like the rusty perch and it's certainly an accurate depiction of where they like to hunt from.