PDA

View Full Version : Female Hoodie

nrohrbacker
03-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Got to the pond 45 minutes before sunrise to stake out my spot and was rewarded with this. I rented the MKIV for the first time and this photo was a bit underexposed has she flew in real close out of the blue and I did not have a chance (or forgot) to change my settings. I think my 7D would not have recovered as well. C&C appreciated.
MKIV, 1/1600, F6.3, ISO400, ground pod.

PaulAnderson
03-12-2013, 08:08 PM
The early photographer gets the Bird. Great Shot! Love the nice low angle and the BG color is wonderful as well.

Sidharth Kodikal
03-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Sweet, sweet image, Neil. Love the low angle, the bird placement and size. Colors are gorgeous and the early light is very nice and I especially like the crest.
I tried a couple of tweaks to this image, and it worked wonders imho. Reduce the highlights a tad, add just a touch of warmth and tone down the highlight in the reflection.
Nicely done.

nrohrbacker
03-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback Sid. Excuse my ignorance, but how do I add some warmth in LR4Ndola that adding some white balance temp? Also, how do I selectively tone down the highlights on the reflection only? Do I need to bring this into PS Elements?

Thanks

Sidharth Kodikal
03-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi Neil, sorry I've never used LR or Elements. Perhaps somebody at the Digital Photography Workflow forum (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php/11-Digital-Photography-Workflow) might be able to answer.
You have a fine image, with or without those suggested tweaks.

Frank Schauf
03-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Great picture, nice deep shooting position in front of a perfect background.

vishaljadhav
03-13-2013, 08:54 AM
WOnderful image, the light is super, bird is with nice details and good eye seen

Daniel Cadieux
03-13-2013, 09:05 AM
She looks great, and the erect crest accentuates that. Great low angle, and I like the nice light. Beautiful BG. For web posting I would darken the pupil a bit more. I could see a version with less room below.

As for your processing questions. For adding warmth you can do this in LR4 by adding yellow (and sometimes also tiny touch of red) to the white balance. For this image I have a feeling adding a few points of saturation would also do the trick. For the reflective highlights I would go into your PS Elements and use the patch tool and/or clone tool to touch that up.

Grace Scalzo
03-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Lovely! The background colors are such a perfect compliment to her.

Richard Unsworth
03-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Piece of art, gentle and beautiful killer pov

Robert Holguin
03-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Wonderful shot.
The low shooting angle is just superb.
Lovely light and colors.
Very well done.

nrohrbacker
03-13-2013, 03:39 PM
She looks great, and the erect crest accentuates that. Great low angle, and I like the nice light. Beautiful BG. For web posting I would darken the pupil a bit more. I could see a version with less room below.

As for your processing questions. For adding warmth you can do this in LR4 by adding yellow (and sometimes also tiny touch of red) to the white balance. For this image I have a feeling adding a few points of saturation would also do the trick. For the reflective highlights I would go into your PS Elements and use the patch tool and/or clone tool to touch that up.

Daniel, thank you for your comments. I will try those out. I actually use your tips concerning the eye from your tutorial (great piece !). I just forgot to do it on this one !!

Melissa Groo
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Beautiful colors, that work so well together. I could see a bit trimmed off the bottom. But very very nice image.