PDA

View Full Version : Painted Spurfowl

supreet.sahoo
03-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Elegant looks and an extremely shy nature makes this rather elusive bird a rare treat that gets better when captured on film. On this instance the pretty bird was running around the female trying to impress it but wasn't very successful, or so it seemed. I probably would have liked more head turn with more eye contact but just didnt work.

Canon 7D, 420mm, ISO 1000, 7.1, 0, 1/1600

I had to switch my cameras back and forth which were set for bright and dark areas in the same place to avoid confusion and quite clearly from the specs one would know that I clicked with the wrong camera.

Jeroen Stel
03-12-2013, 01:47 PM
What a bizar but handsome bird (bizar because of the spikes on it's legs).
I would personally be tempted to clone out the OOF black spot and OOF bird on the right hand side.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Stel

Karl Egressy
03-12-2013, 07:53 PM
I like the setting, colours and the pattern of the bird. I wish for a head turn towards us.

vishaljadhav
03-13-2013, 11:14 AM
What a bizar but handsome bird (bizar because of the spikes on it's legs).
I would personally be tempted to clone out the OOF black spot and OOF bird on the right hand side.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Stel

Jeroen,
This is a painted Spur fowl hence the spikes on the leg which are common with all the Spur fowls

Supreet,
The bird is nicely captured on the rock, its very elusive bird and hence its great work getting it in open

Daniel Cadieux
03-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Comp and perch look great, subject too but I wish it was not looking away. The background is good for the most part but I agree with eliminating the dark spot and OOF bird at right. Would it not be easier and faster to change settings on one camera rather than switching between two?