PDA

View Full Version : Another New Mexico Blur

Cheryl Slechta
03-10-2013, 03:32 PM
This blur was taken at Bernardo Waterfowl Management Area north of Socorro New Mexico. They had a nice driving trail that went through cornfields with Sandhill cranes but they also had many nice areas to do blurs.
f/11, 1/15 sec., ISO 50

John Chardine
03-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Lovely wispy look Cheryl. The well-defined lines look like they come from post-processing but I assume they were in the camera. I played around with a slightly different crop with some off bottom and right and it seemed to work well. What got me thinking about it was the right hand side of the dark tree- you need something there but maybe not this much?

Dennis Bishop
03-10-2013, 10:53 PM
I really like the colors and the blur. And the composition seems fine to me. I'm not sure, but I think I'd tone down the dark tree trunk a bit so it's not so much darker than the rest of the image.

Paul Lagasi
03-11-2013, 01:58 PM
With all these blurs, I must get new glasses...I like this technique, you could almost split the image and make two lovely blurs...TFS

Jeannean Ryman
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Very nice blur. I like the wispiness of it.

Andrew McLachlan
03-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi Cheryl, a very nice blur and I like that we can see a little bit of blue sky along the top edge. Lovely work!