PDA

View Full Version : Sanderling from a paradise beach

Ivan Sjögren
03-10-2013, 07:16 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/1z4jw60.jpg
A photo from my week long trip to Cape Verde. Every evning around 20 Sanderlings gathered at the beach to feed. It gave me many chances for this shot. All comments and critique welcome! Thanks in advance!
Canon 400D, 400mm f/5.6 L USM, ISO 400, 1/1200s, f/8,0

Dave Leroy
03-10-2013, 11:22 AM
A very nice looking Sanderling apparently keeping a watchful eye on you as it scurries by. I really like the nice texture of the thin bit of water laying over the nice sandy beach. I think the DoF helps a lot with this. If you do cloning and cleanups I would remove the specular highlights on the legs and bill but leave any sand.
Photo needs a bit more room on topas is, and I can also see this as a pano adding a bit to top and removing the reflection.

Daniel Cadieux
03-11-2013, 08:26 AM
I like the typical speed-walking pose and you did a good job exposing in what looks like hard light. The reflection is weak and for that reason I would have not gone for a reflection image (unless going with a higher vantage point) and pointed my lens higher...the bird is too tight at the top edge.

Marina Scarr
03-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Nice running pose and low angle. I think I have to agree with Daniel on this one about the reflection not enhancing the image. If you have more space above this image, you may wish to try a different crop.