PDA

View Full Version : Tight head shot of painted stork

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
03-10-2013, 02:31 AM
Inspired by the tight head shots that Artie makes, I decided to make one of my subject and post it to highlight the head & eye detail. Made with the 7D and 500 II Lens. The Painted storks are such colorful and interesting birds!
ISO 100
f/4
1/2000
from a boat, hand held, the left elbow resting on the knee.
Thanks for looking.
C & C welcome.
Regards
Sanjeev

Ivan Sjögren
03-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Really liked this. Great contrast in the bird makes it an interesting shot. Great details and exposure. May have been stronger if you included the intire bill. TFS!

Grace Scalzo
03-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Before seeing Artie's tight head shots and now this, I never would have thought it would work, but it does and I love it. The colors are just beautiful and the image is full of rich details. A very slight trim from the right as viewed might give just a bit more balance, but a personal choice. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

Gen Benjamin
03-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Great details and lovely colors really pop against the neutral background. I'm not sure about the crop I'm wondering if you're going for such a tight crop why not go all the way and crop out all or most of the body?

Robert Holguin
03-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Superb close up!!!!!
Exposed very well, details are terrific, great comp, and love the colors.
Very well done.

David Salem
03-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Great shot and I personally like where you have cropped this one. To crop it tighter as suggested would eliminate the beautiful B&W feathers on the shoulder. Detail, color and exposure are excellent. Well done.

Daniel Cadieux
03-11-2013, 08:23 AM
These are tough crops and not everyone likes them...I posted a Great Egret a while ago with a cut bill like this and it was a 50/50 split between liking or not. I do like and think you cropped it good for my taste. Lovely colours and details. Whites look perfect. I wish the white spot on the lower mandible was not there though, worth a clean-up IMO.