PDA

View Full Version : Red-breasted Merganser.

Karl Egressy
03-09-2013, 06:45 PM
I took this shot this morning.
There were three males and two fameles. the males tried to impress the ladies by dncing and fighting.
Thanks for looking.

Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
ISO 800
Tv 1/2000
Av 7.1

Andrew Merwin
03-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Great action shot. I really like the bow wave & water flowing over the rear merganser. I find the hair styles especially amusing. I think it is possible to bring out more detail in the whites.

dankearl
03-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Nice action captured here and not easy to get.
You probably tried to get the far one as sharp as you can, but it could be sharper.
The water and wake is really nice.

PhilCook
03-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Wow you have some odd looking ducks over your way....nice timing Karl, that rear duck means business by the look of it. Liking the water color in this and the waves created...a slight pity the rear duck was not sharper or in better focus, but still a very interesting action shot

Karl Egressy
03-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Nice action captured here and not easy to get.
You probably tried to get the far one as sharp as you can, but it could be sharper.
The water and wake is really nice.

Thanks Dan. This events takes place so fast (and ever so rarely) that all you can do is focus on one and hope for the best. The "action" itself sould overrides the sharpness issue.
Having said that, I tried to sharpen the one on the right more and sharpened the waves as well.
Here it is.

vishaljadhav
03-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Karl
This is a amazing action shot
i like the colors , water is impressive , i agree with you that when action is on you tend to get what you can rather than to loose all
i repost is nice however i am impresssed with the original image itself
great work man

jack williamson
03-10-2013, 08:51 PM
The repost is an improvement, this is a fine capture, plenty of action!

Robert Holguin
03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Excellent shot Karl.
Great timing, really like the shooting angle, and repost looks much better.
Well done.

David Salem
03-10-2013, 11:32 PM
Great action captured on this one. Like the raised crests and the open mouth with the water splashing. Awesome red eyes on these guys. The re-post is better and they both look sharp now. Well done

Frank Schauf
03-11-2013, 02:52 AM
Very nice scene and colors.