PDA

View Full Version : Changeable Hawk Eagle

supreet.sahoo
03-09-2013, 12:53 PM

Canon 7d, 420mm,5.6, 1/40, 100, -0.7
A changeable hawk eagle shot late in the evening depicting some habitat around it. The freshly bloomed flowers were adding some spark to the image which is why I didnt crop it further. Share your views.

Miguel Palaviccini
03-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Supreet,

I've never seen one of these guys, so I definitely appreciate the post. I agree that the flowers add to the image, but I do wish for a bit more of a tighter crop, as I find the subject just a bit too small in the frame. The bg is just a bit cluttered, and the I really wish there wasn't a branch going through the bird. Not much you can do. I do like the head angle, however.

Miguel

Sidharth Kodikal
03-09-2013, 05:52 PM
This image has a unique feel/mood to it that I cannot describe. The flowers add a ton and I like your bird placement and comp.
Love the crest on the bird. Wonder if carefully removing two branches - one that's almost touching the bird's head and the other almost touching its belly - would help this image.
Curious to know how this species gets its name.

dankearl
03-09-2013, 08:17 PM
I really like this.
very nice mood and environment.
The flowers really make it nice and the bird is cool.
I agree about removing the close branches but certainly not big deal.
TFS.

Marina Scarr
03-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Very pleasing image. Love the environmental feel to this one and the bird's pose. The red flowers really add quite a bit of pop to this image.