PDA

View Full Version : Escape Hatch - Common Loon and Baby

Gary "Jake" Jacobson
04-29-2008, 10:16 PM
This baby loon was sneaking away through the escape hatch. I would appreciate any comments or feedback on this image. I understand that the loon facing away and head angle aren't very good, but I looked at this more to show behavior.

Thanks!

Doug Brown
04-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I'd love to witness this behavior in person someday. My problem with this photo is that the crop emphasizes environment, while your intention is to emphasize behavior. My eye is really drawn to the green at the top of the photo; perhaps if you selectively desaturated the BG a little and recropped the photo. I'd be interested in seeing a repost.

Sid Garige
04-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Completely agree with Doug on his critic. i would also go for a tighter crop.

Gus Cobos
04-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi Jake,
I like the composition and capture, the exposure is very good and the details on your subject are sharp. Must agree with Doug in reference to croppimg from the top, to bring the attention and focus on your main subject. I also have a problem with the subject swimming away from you; perhaps if he would have turned his head in your direction, it would have been better...
Keep them coming...:D

Steve Maxson
04-30-2008, 11:56 AM
I like the behavior portrayed, Jake, but agree with the comments above. The colors, exposure, and sharpness are all excellent. With a different head angle, this could be stunning. :)

Gary "Jake" Jacobson
04-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks Steve, Gus, Sid and Doug! I agree with all of your feedback. I'll see what I can produce this summer. Hopefully, I can find some willing subjects.

Best Regards,
Jake