PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Tiger

Anette Mossbacher
03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Hi,

sorry for beig so long absent, I am very much busy lately and it might take another 1-2-3 weeks till I can breath a bit more:bg3: I am looking forward to that one

Here another Bengal Tiger, there have been quite a few I have seen.
This image gives me a bit headache with cropping. This is full size straight out of the camera, went into PS, done levels,curves, LCE, tonal contrast and a bit sharpening

MK III
ISO 400 f6.3 should have gone to 7-8!!
1/400
HH from Jeep, Tiger was about 4-5m away, I was hiding behind the camera, especially when he was growling

Steve Kaluski
03-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi Anette, getting to see, witness, or photograph a real live, wild Tiger is. 'the business' and something you will never forget, especially if it looks directly to you.

Parking any 'possible' colour issues, but it looks OK on the laptop, I would agree that the crop is the key/main point. The DOF, sharpness & clarity looks OK, although clipping the whiskers is not ideal and personally would have liked more room below, although I might think it was based on the AF points? I'm not a lover of square crops and this is the second time I have suggested this format as for me, it's all about the face and the expression. I don't think the LH side of the body helps, plus it helps the BKG too IMHO. Really like the stare and the eyes.

Personally, if you have added any sharpening on the whiskers, then I would either drop, or remove it, as it looks a tad too sharp to me.

TFS
Steve

PS Look forward to seeing you back on the Forum again in the coming weeks.

Rachel Hollander
03-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi Anette - great life in the eyes of this one. The crop is a difficult one because I would prefer more room below and to not have the whiskers cut or against the edge. Maybe go really tight somehow emphasizing those great eyes.

TFS,
Rachel

Anette Mossbacher
03-08-2013, 01:57 AM
Hi Rachel & Steve, thanks so much for your suggestions. I will tried a square crop, well looks a bit better though :bg3:

Rachel I forgot to congratulate you for becoming a member of the "I need to have Club" with your newest lens :)
I am sure you love it already, I do mine.

Steve, parking any color issues, :t3 try your luck :c3: by now I understood much better that curve thing with this matter.
I for sure won't forget this Tiger encounter or all others, we have seen in 3 days 36 Tigers :t3 Some guests of our Hotel there have not even seen one in that time!
All the matter of having a great guide for the Tigers, you know what I mean :t3

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
03-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Hi Anette! I love the look of this one (and am a bit green as I really want to photograph them in the wild myself), but for me the crop and clipped whiskers are the main issues as Steve pointed out. You didn't say which lens you were using? At this distance, something like a 70-200 or even 24-70 would have been ideal...

Looking forward to seeing you more active as time allows.

Anette Mossbacher
03-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Hi Morkel, thanks a lot for your suggestions.
Are you still green ? :bg3: You know, you have to pay a fraction for Safari in Africa than I do, you get local rates I pay full, for that you can be a bit green for the Tigers lolololol. :t3 I am green for your rates you pay in Africa as residence :w3

Lens I was using 300mm, switching to a shorter one, yes should have done it ... this was like the lion comes out of the bush just 8m from you at surprise and walks straight to you up to 1m. All in 6 sec, yes my other camera had the 70-200mm on, but there I was not allowed to move anymore.
The jeep in India is about 40% of the size you have in a Safari vehicle in Africa! Very small quite low and not that comfy at all :w3

Ciao
Anette

PS Will post another image of the same Tiger just a bit afterwards this image :tinysmile_shy_t:
I try my best to come more often, but right now I am very busy with a new website.

dankearl
03-08-2013, 07:24 PM
An intense look and the crop doesn't bother me.
The eyes draw my attention, the whiskers not so much.