PDA

View Full Version : European Peacock Butterfly

OvidiuCavasdan
03-06-2013, 02:16 PM
40D, EF 100mm F2.8 Macro
F16, 1/15 sec, ISO 250
Manual mode, tripod, slightly croped.
Altough not really spring yet this peacock butterfly was posing on a rock enjoing some sun through clouds. Shot this in the garden. Unfortunately it is quite worn out after hibernation.

Jonathan Ashton
03-07-2013, 05:06 AM
It is a fairly large butterfly and I think you were wise to go for f16, the butterfly is sharp north south east west and the antennae are good also. It was obviously sunning itself (hey it couldn't do that over here!!) the background would not be one of choice for me but it is natural behaviour and I think it shows the butterfly very well indeed. The exposure and colours look ideal to me, the diagonal composition was well considered.

Dave Leroy
03-07-2013, 09:18 AM
LOvely rich colors, very well exposed. It does look a bit tattered and a good find.

Steve Maxson
03-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi Ovidiu. It's great to see some signs of spring - it's still snowing around here! Nice exposure, sharpness, and comp. For a butterfly that has overwintered, this one looks to be in pretty good shape and certainly worthy of a photo. Well done!

Randy Stout
03-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Ovidiu:

Good comments from the guys. Such rich colors on this butterfly, I almost thought it was a moth until I saw the antennas. Agree about the diagonal comp, and the framing.

Cheers

Randy