PDA

View Full Version : New Holland Honeyeater

PhilCook
03-06-2013, 06:20 AM
IQ is not as good as hoped in poor light and a bit more distance from subject than I would of liked, opportunistic shot, but I rather the like the clear backdrop and flowers.

Canon 7D + 500 f4 + 1.4 x TC....f6.3, 1/200, ISO 400, flash fired, shot taken with camera resting on tree branch.....basic edit with crop, selective sharpen, selective noise reduction and twig removed from top right

vishaljadhav
03-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Phil
I feel the shot is impressive for the shear amount of colors captured in here
the BG is clean colors on the bird are nice and the touch of green and pink add a lot to the frame, like it

Shawn Zierman
03-06-2013, 06:53 AM
I like the splashes of color added by the bird's plumage and the flowers. Flash work looks very good.
Exposure work is excellent. Background control is pleasing. About the only thing I could see slightly
different, would be having the bird's head angled more towards you versus as is...Beautiful image sir.

Daniel Cadieux
03-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Beautiful in every respect except for the head angle which I wish was not angled away from us. Those flowers are indeed very nice.

Dave Leroy
03-06-2013, 09:46 AM
What a sparkling bird and photo. I don't see anything wrong with IQ at all. HA has been mentioned and would be nice to see clear tail but an excellent photo. Looks like a really nice job pp"n.

Stu Bowie
03-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi Phil, excellent exposure on what seems a difficult character to get right with the darker plumage mixed with yellows. Good use of subtle flash, and that BG is stunning.

Richard Unsworth
03-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Spectacular bird, your comment on IQ is correctm details seem a little flat like a superb drawingm but its a really nice shot

Don Lacy
03-06-2013, 01:57 PM
This is so close to being an awesome image all it needs is a better HA and a little bit of light of angle to give it more depth.

PhilCook
03-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks or looking and commenting.....these little birds and their coloring are often difficult to get the extra fine detail that I always strive for, and this one does lack that aspect I feel

Greg Oakley
03-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Lovely image Phil - others have mentioned the head-turn and IQ, but it's still a cracking shot,
Cheers, Greg

Satish Ranadive
03-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Phil:
Excellent image.Very nice composition.Lovely green and pinks,Nice clean BG.
Love the bird with beautiful colors,white eye and parallel perch to him.

Regards,
Satish.

Sidharth Kodikal
03-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Excellent exposure on this awesome looking bird. Lovely clean bg, nice comp and flash work. HA mentioned, but for an opportunistic shot, this is more than terrific.

David Salem
03-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Great looking shot and the subject is beautiful. Exposure and details look great. HA mentioned but all in all an appealing capture. Well done Phil.

Jonathan Ashton
03-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Looks very good indeed to me Phil, I certainly would not be disappointed, the detail and exposure look fine, I presume you were reasonably distant if you used the 1.4TC, the flash fired and it would appear that it gave the dark plumage the little lift required, equally pleasing none of the highlights are blown. The head angle isn't perfect but we don't always get all we want.

geoff thompson
03-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Great shot Phil. I too live in south Australia and these are always in our backyard. I know how lively these birds are so all I can say is great shot.Just returning to this site as joined some time ago and did not get very active.Hope to learn how the site works and contribute.

jack williamson
03-07-2013, 07:30 PM
A small head turn this way and this was perfect. It is still beautiful, sharp, the bg is just right.

Frank Schauf
03-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Superb shot! Excellent pose, great background, and very nice details.